Saturday, January 16, 2016

Start the Year Right!

Today is January 16th and so far this year I've  only ran twice.  The first run of the year was on January 1st.  I had just run the day before and had a good run, I wanted to end the year on a high note.  2015 wasn't always good to me.  But I felt I needed to end the year the way I started by going out for a run. I ran a 1/2 mile without stopping!  That is huge for me. But I digress...January 1st was an overcast day and a bit chilly.  I ended up running for .52 miles without stopping and then walked the rest of the time.  The air was just to cold and my lungs were not happy.  But I was happy to be improving!

 Happy New Year!  Its COLD!

Below is a picture of my running log.  I note the weather, what time I went out, what route I took, and my weight.  Next I log my distance and pace.  I use MapMyRun app to keep track of my workouts but then I transfer the information into my log so that I can look back and see how I did on certain days and compare.  This helps me when I wonder if I am making any improvements.  I have also started logging how I feel and any other notes on what is going on.


 On January 9th the weather was really nice, low 40's and no rain so again I put on my shoes and headed out.  This run was a little different.  On this day I decided to run/walk uphill for 3/4 of a mile to our high school stadium.  And I have to say the whole way is UPHILL.  Once at the stadium I ran 1/4 mile around and then walked a few laps.  I then decided I could run all the way back home so I did!   It was all down hill but let me tell you it wasn't easy but I did it.  I think I will add this to my running plan from time to time.  I felt great, it was hard but it felt great when I got back home.   Its nice to feel like I am making progress. Its been a real struggle this past year.


Crazy to have the whole track to myself.  It was very peaceful and wonderful to clear the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment